Sunday 26 August 2012

Juice, Doctor Who, music, and Daytripper (random blog)

I have too many weird ideas and not enough to say about any of them, so this will be a random blog about whatever I feel like writing.

First: freshly extracted juice. I have recently bought a juicer. I have been juicing apples, carrots, ginger, lemons and kiwis - mostly all of them together (choosing between lemon and kiwi). It is really delicious and easy, and I like it very much. In addition it's healthy, and I get my five a day really easily.

First week of term apparently means getting a cold, so I've had a lot of chilling out to do - which means watching films or Doctor Who. I have now watched all the ordinary episodes of the new series of Doctor Who and all the christmas specials, but not the other specials...the ones between series four and five.  I really like the series, I feel invested in it, and I love the characters. I am now eagerly looking forward to the next series, number 7, which premiers next weekend, I think. I don't think it is coming to Norwegian television...but I'll find a way to see it anyway.

Julia Nunes' wonderful debut album
This summer I have discovered some new music, specifically Julia Nunes' debut album, Hellogoodbye's album 'Would It Kill You?', and Ludovico Einaudi's album 'Islands'. Of course I have also listened to Ed Sheeran (a lot) and Taylor Swift. I am looking forward to two musical releases this autumn - 'Privateering' by Mark Knopfler and 'Red' by Taylor Swift. I love the two songs that have been released from Knopfler's album, 'Redbud Tree' and 'Privateering'. You can listen to them here (on the player on the right), but they are not singles, so you have to wait until the album is released to get them.

I have just finished Daytripper by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá. It is a wonderful, deep and really beautiful graphic novel. Highly recommended.

My next post will most likely be a humourous piece aimed at biologists. I say this so that you have some warning, and I hope you won't be very confused.

PS: I have changed the adress to my blog - it is now juliemynors.blogspot.com. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment