Saturday 20 October 2012

Hardcastlevideo and hexaflexagons

My hardcastlevideo is finally here! But let's start at the beginning. Over a year ago, the name of John Green's new book, The Fault in Our Stars, was announced, and the preordering for the book began. As thanks for getting the book to number one on amazon.com and barnes & noble the first couple of days, he decided to sign every preordered copy (effectively the whole first printing). Not very long after this, Hank Green's new album Ellen Hardcastle came out. And sort of to top his brother John, he decided to let everyone who bought a physical copy of his album in the first week make him say whatever they wanted in a video - to send him a 10 word script that he would make into a short video (check out the announcement video here). I ordered within the set time, spent a lot of time trying to decide what to send in (see my blogpost containing the ones that got scrapped), sent it in, and now, finally, it is here! I must say I had a little fangirl moment when I found out - the people I watch on the internet always seem so distant, but here was one of the people I look up to saying words that I had written! So here it is, my hardcastlevideo:

Now onto the newest recreational mathematics fad - hexaflexagons! Loads of flexy fun to be had from a strip of paper! Hmmm....I don't exactly know how to explain what they are...hexagons with three sides? Flexible hexagons? I think I'll just let ViHart explain.


My own collection of hexaflexagons,
for of course I had to make some!
It this tickles your fancy - watch the other parts, and make some hexaflexagons of your own! Happy flexing!

But beware - you might experience confusion, mind-blown syndrome or even hexaflexamexicanfood cravings from too much heaxaflexing. Be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in the video below to avoid decapitated snakes and people being eaten by velociraptors. Happy, safe flexing!

No comments:

Post a Comment