Saturday 14 April 2012

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Like many other people, I like Pride and Prejudice. It's a wonderful story, the characters are lovely, the comedy is just right, and it's just really a good book. It has also been made into several different films (some better than others), and a BBC mini series (twice? I'm not sure). The story has been enjoyed through all these media by lots of people, and it has been hugely successful.

Yesterday, I discovered that this story is being told once again, but this time in a more modern format, namely the video blog. Basically, for those of you who don't know, a video blog is when someone sits and talks to their camera about their life or anything that interests them, and then uploads it to the internet. Kind of like a blog, but in video form - as the name implies.

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is a fresh take on Pride and Prejudice, set to the modern day. Some changes have been made to accomodate this (I mean, five children is NOT normal anymore), but I don't think this will matter much. The acting is really good, and I find myself believing the illusion really easily. The first two episodes have been posted so far, so if you join now, you'll get to see the story unfold, with new instalments every week, I think. I must say, I'm already a fan. You can watch the first video below, or check out the whole thing on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment